Ashland Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashland Airsoft

The forum for the airsoft community of Ashland Oregon.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Overview of the last year

Go down 
+3
Helo
Sofa
Raven
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven
Getting There
Getting There
Raven

Overview of the last year Empty
PostSubject: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Just think, this last spring most of us(this is more intended for the Ashland guys new to airsoft) had never been to on OP, didn't own replicas and were just dreaming about how awesome it would be to have all this gear and a group of people to play with. Well look at yourselves now. We've come quite a long way since march. Personally I've met some fuckin awesome people, had a lot of fun, I get far more exercise than I used to and I never have a weekend I'm not looking forward to.
Anyway, that's just how I see it.
Back to top Go down
Sofa
Small Timer
Small Timer
Sofa

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 pm

I couldnt say it better myself! Thanks to everybody!
Back to top Go down
Helo
Small Timer
Small Timer
Helo

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:34 pm

If y'all don't mind me being old for a minute,
It took me almost a year to get decent weapons and equipment when I started, and three years to go to an Op and become a productive non-obnoxious member of the community.
Y'all did it in less than a year, are very dedicated (from what I have seen), and mature enough to avoid the usual pitfalls of new players, stupid enough to try anything once, and intelligent enough to know the difference. To see new-ish players become full, respected members of the SO community and begin earning respect from AP in their first year has been really cool.
So good job you guys, and may your next year be just as exciting and more fun than the first!
I know I'm looking forward to it.
John
Back to top Go down
Thumper
Little Un's
Little Un's
Thumper

PostSubject: Overview Of Last Year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:20 am

First of all, John your twenty-one. A nine year old may think you're old, but face it, you're not.

Compared to you two lads above, I'm even more of a rookie. I've been playing since late June or early July. I can't remember which. Haven't gone to an OP yet, and spent a lot of money on AEGs which seem to be in the shop more than being used. (Does Jaguar make an AEG? I think I must own some made by them.)

AP doesn't even know who I am yet. After the second week of October, they will. Whether I will have the respect of them or the contempt of them remains to be seen. I tend to think that whichever it is, it will be intensely one or the other.

I've gotten in better shape, and I do look forward to every weekend.

The one way that Airsoft has effected more than any other is that, for the first time in many years, I've found a group of people whom I like to consider my friends and I'm actually starting to trust.
Back to top Go down
Hot Lips
Little Un's
Little Un's
Hot Lips

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 pm

John, Alan's right, shut up, you're not old. But I had more or less the same experience, I started playing about three years ago, only started getting decent about a year ago, and just in the last six months went to my first two ops. So ya, you guys are definitely on a roll. Alan, I'm flattered that you consider us friends and almost trust us Wink.
Back to top Go down
Helo
Small Timer
Small Timer
Helo

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Shutting up now.
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm

I like this chat now!
Back to top Go down
Rain
Getting There
Getting There
Rain

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:18 am

I am grateful that Tanner got me back into Airsoft and introduced me to most of you. It's such a great hobby. I look forward to our continued adventures in shooting fools with white plastic bbs! Heh.
Back to top Go down
Thumper
Little Un's
Little Un's
Thumper

PostSubject: Friends   Overview of the last year Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Hey Rob,

I have to thank Tanner as well. If he hadn't of gotten you back into airsoft I wouldn't have had a chance to meet you. So, I guess I owe him as well.

Alan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the last year   Overview of the last year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overview of the last year
Page 1 of 1