Ashland Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashland Airsoft

The forum for the airsoft community of Ashland Oregon.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Umbrella Loadout

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rain
Getting There
Getting There
Rain

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 pm

My friends Reuben and Andy got together with me when we were all thinking about getting into Airsoft, years ago. We had some fun ideas for team uniforms... but we all unanimously decided upon the Umbrella Corporation Tactical Team.

The first step was to get black BDU's from http://www.soldiercity.com/black-bdus.html?&page_num=1
I recommend the Ultra-Force poly/cotton Ripstip.
The second part is a basic black tactical vest (got mine at the army surplus store).

The Third step was patches... You can buy these off of E-bay easily. Just do a search for Umbrella Corporation patches, and bingo... tons of options.
Just sew them onto the vest and jacket sleeve, or like Reuben and I ended up doing, velcro them.

The forth step was elbow and knee pads. Easy to get almost anywhere... Bi-Mart, Army Surplus, etc.

The most expensive part of the set up is the gas mask. http://approvedgasmasks.com/msa-millenium.htm
You will want to get a black face plate... which you may be able to find for less on E-bay.

You will notice that we also wear a black balaclava under the gasmask.

Umbrella Loadout DSC009742
As you can see, Andy doesn't have a gas mask or helmet at this point, but his black boonie cap works nicely.
Our outfits at this point weren't finished, missing patches and such.

Umbrella Loadout L_c11a31f065a1f93c98a973af8c972b70
Yes, that's Tanner on the left, kneeling next to me.

Reuben and I moved to Portland for a while, and decided that our loadout was perfect for the Portland Zombie Walk.
Umbrella Loadout L_8eb7beb4622cd02170e9d38394ae79e8

Umbrella Loadout L_5963eb01ef9d836856f3565f3a8a3c77

Umbrella Loadout L_779eb24dcebe6e234f4f70867969a349

Umbrella Loadout DSC01095
We were still missing some patches, but the setup was more complete.

The biggest event we went to while in Portland was Operation Sudden Strike. This is where we met the Airsoft Pacific team, and realized how stuck up, elitist, and asshole-ish they were (even on the same team as them).
Umbrella Loadout OPSS-014

Umbrella Loadout OPSS-030
This guy was from the Bio-Hazard team... which unlike the Airsoft Pacific team, were actually really friendly and fun to play with. Yay Bio-Hazard team!

Umbrella Loadout DSCN4661

Umbrella Loadout OPSS-073

Umbrella Loadout OPSS-150

Umbrella Loadout DSCN4660

Umbrella Loadout OPSS-068

Umbrella Loadout OPSS-107-1

Umbrella Loadout DSCN4600

Umbrella Loadout OPSS-211

Last edited by Singularity on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 pm

man i wish i had your umbrella gear! it looks so fucking cool... i wish there was a way i could put umbrella on my ghilli.
Back to top Go down
Sofa
Small Timer
Small Timer
Sofa

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Your gas mask is the coolest fucking thing dude! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rain
Getting There
Getting There
Rain

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Idaho7 wrote:
Your gas mask is the coolest fucking thing dude! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah, it's the standard in modern swat gear now. It is also used by the military (the same model I have and posted a link to). Reuben's is an older design than mine... without a drinking tube.

I have an extra Gas Mask, but it is a size small, so it doesn't fit me when I have my glasses on. I usually wear my size medium. I am allergic to bleach, so I often wear it when I am doing a deep cleaning of my bathroom. silent
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:04 pm

NOW I KNOW WHERE I HAVE SEEN YOU BEFORE!!! do you know Ray Handson?
Back to top Go down
Rain
Getting There
Getting There
Rain

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:21 pm

jacob harris wrote:
NOW I KNOW WHERE I HAVE SEEN YOU BEFORE!!! do you know Ray Handson?

Ummm.. no? Wait... you mean this guy? http://www.myspace.com/patriotrage
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:39 pm

yes.
Back to top Go down
Rain
Getting There
Getting There
Rain

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Yeah, I know Ray. We aren't really friends, but he is an okay guy. I've been roleplaying with him and some of his friends sporadically over the last decade. Don't really talk to him much though.
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:06 pm

yeah i think i remember you from a game he ran or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Umbrella Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Loadout   Umbrella Loadout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Loadout
Page 1 of 1