Ashland Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashland Airsoft

The forum for the airsoft community of Ashland Oregon.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Field Improvement Days

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Caponey
The Boss
The Boss
Caponey

Field Improvement Days Empty
PostSubject: Field Improvement Days   Field Improvement Days Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:48 pm

So as much as I really love the place we're playing at now, I think that we could make it much better and more enjoyable to play on. I was thinking that some initial easy improvements would be buying some of those bags that they use for sandbags and filling them up there with dirt and building emplacements. Shit on this idea if that sounds balls-lame to you, but I think that it'd be way fun to have bunkers to hold and assault and the like! I'd love responses yea'ing and neigh'ing this idea. Lets get some discussions going!
Back to top Go down
https://ashlandairsoft.forumotion.com
Sofa
Small Timer
Small Timer
Sofa

PostSubject: Re: Field Improvement Days   Field Improvement Days Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm

I think the idea of the sandbags is a great and if it get enough support I shall do my best to see if I can get a hold of some.
Back to top Go down
Rain
Getting There
Getting There
Rain

PostSubject: Re: Field Improvement Days   Field Improvement Days Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Personally, I would like to have more clear boundaries for the play area. Not only to prevent people from getting lost (which is very difficult where we play), but also to have an idea of where I need to be for a scenario. I get very confused when we are playing "Go there, do this" type scenarios. I don't know where "there" is, and sometimes I don't understand what the "do this" is either (read my post on last friday's game feedback).

I know it's not like we can just string police tape around the entire parameter or anything, but we can mark boundaries with flags or even paint on trees (who owns this property again?).

Having fortified positions is a wonderful idea, I also think that respawn areas (once we have more than one for extended play) need to be identified a lot more clearer than we have so far.

As a side note, I think we need to make clear our respawn times/rules. My favorite for longer games is: You can respawn when there are a certain number of people in the dead/respawn point (for example, once 3 or 5 people die, then they all respawn at the same time... when the last person to die of that number gets to the spawn point and there are that many people) and/or time limit. Time limit can be used on it's own, or in conjunction with the above method. If you are dead for 5 min (or what ever time period is agreed upon) at the spawn point, and the number needed to respawn hasn't died yet, then you can respawn by yourself when that time limit is up (but obviously this will mean that if there are other dead people that died after you, they will have to wait for either their time to respawn or wait for more people to die).

I'll add more if I can think of other ideas for the actual Field.
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

PostSubject: Re: Field Improvement Days   Field Improvement Days Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:41 pm

yeah do we even know whos land this it? i would hate to be doing stuff to someone ells land.
Back to top Go down
Caponey
The Boss
The Boss
Caponey

PostSubject: Re: Field Improvement Days   Field Improvement Days Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Well it's city/state land to the best of my knowledge. The gravel pit area's certainly are. I understand your concern, and if there's a lot of that then we can avoid doing anything, but I've been coming here in some form or another since like 5th grade and never had any issues. Maybe that helps?
Back to top Go down
https://ashlandairsoft.forumotion.com
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

PostSubject: Re: Field Improvement Days   Field Improvement Days Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:11 pm

ok then we should be all good. um i might be able to get some sandbags plus i have a bunch of flags we can stick in the ground around the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Field Improvement Days   Field Improvement Days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Field Improvement Days
Page 1 of 1