Ashland Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ashland Airsoft

The forum for the airsoft community of Ashland Oregon.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gamet Type Packet

Go down 
+2
Rain
Caponey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Caponey
The Boss
The Boss
Caponey

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:49 pm

So I'm assembling a packet to encapsulate some of the basic games that we play but I'd love it if people tossed out idea's all over this thread and forum so that we have a wide variety. I'm happy to try anything on the field, just we warned "Not all idea's work" so your SUPERLEETAWESOMESAUCEHARDCOREMARINEGAMETYPE may not float in real life. That said, I'll be willing to try out anything at least once!
Back to top Go down
https://ashlandairsoft.forumotion.com
Rain
Getting There
Getting There
Rain

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Capture the Flag

Terrorist and Anti-terrorist (also known as "set the charge/bomb")

Death Match

Take and Hold (multiple locations count as points, time limit game, which ever team has the most at the end of the time limit wins)

Break Through (One team starts at point A, needs to get to point B without being wiped out. Sometimes this has to be a set path, such as a road or set route)

Egg hunt (Objectives are hidden around the play field representing objects of importance, like spy data, secret documents, gold/platinum, etc. For each item found and turned in to a ref. or taken back to their teams base, or some other place set up before the game gets a certain number of victory points, which could tip the game in the favor of one team or another)

V.I.P. (Obviously someone IS the objective. He dies, the team defending loses points, the team killing gets points. This can be mitigated by the defending team by "Executing" their V.I.P. which will make them lose less points than if the opposing team had killed the V.I.P. The V.I.P. game could also be a rescue, or even an assault to extract)

This is hardly a comprehensive list, and really the best games are those that combine 2 or MORE of these in one scenario. For example, a Take and Hold mission (with a long time limit, 6 hours) with a VIP (or two), and an Egg Hunt (with items speratically replaced on the field at random locations, or middle of dead locked firefights to bring people out of cover) is what my last large scale game was.

The mission was set up so that one team was away from the take and hold area with a VIP. The other held all the Take and Hold positions. "eggs" where everywhere, hidden and once found returned to the field by the refs. There was another VIP in the take and hold area, but if he died, then BOTH teams lost points. The second VIP acted as a mobile Take and hold objective. The game was won by the Original VIP team by killing the first VIP themselves to keep points away from opposing team and to free up men to assault the take and hold area (without the other team knowing that the VIP was dead), then getting the most eggs and rescuing and extracting the mobile VIP. The Team that started in the Take and Hold area had control of ALMOST all take and hold objectives (there were about 6), but still lost due to the amound of Eggs found by the VIP team, lack of points for killing the first VIP and losing the Mobile VIP. This Of course that was with ~40 people (~20 per side). But it's a good example of how to mix objectives.

Anyway, that's all I can think of at the moment. As always, I'll post more if I can think of more.
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:37 pm

well i can make some props to use and what type of flag you got Tanner?
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Small Timer
Small Timer
Jesse

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Another thing I know we'll get better at with time is transitioning between games. If we can figure out what we're doing next and get started as quickly as possible than we'll have more daylight and therefore more playing time. I like all of the ideas presented above, but organizing them a little more than we already have will prefect them to the point of being very fun to play.
Back to top Go down
Caponey
The Boss
The Boss
Caponey

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:09 pm

I have like a five-foot tall Crater Highschool Marching Band Flag. It's got like a 1.5" wide pole and like a 2.5'x4' flag!
Back to top Go down
https://ashlandairsoft.forumotion.com
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:13 pm

ok well i have a good sized 13 star american flag i can bring up. i just have to find a flag poll.
Back to top Go down
orion
Little Un's
Little Un's

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:03 am

wouldn't be difficult to build a poll of pvc, cheap too.
Back to top Go down
jacob harris
Getting There
Getting There
jacob harris

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:41 am

yeah i am getting on it now.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Getting There
Getting There
Raven

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Yo I got an idea for a new game type.
FREE FOR ALL!!!!!!!
Sound good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gamet Type Packet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamet Type Packet   Gamet Type Packet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamet Type Packet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ashland Airsoft :: Game Type Suggestions-